- Tripp Lite
1605a 2nd Ave
Territory Channel Manager - NY, NJ and CT?
Tripp Lite is seeking an experienced Territory Channel Manager to close deals at the end-user level with fulfillment through the IT channel. Knowledge of sales and marketing strategies for both end users and value-added resellers is essential, along with a proven track record of hunting and driving end-user sales to the channel. The Territory Channel Manager reports to the?Territory National?Sales Manager.
- Use existing relationships within the territory to identify new business opportunities in the data center, education, hospitality, retail and health care segments
- Close new business, ideally with large accounts and high-profile organizations, through self-developed opportunity pipeline
- Heavy prospecting/marketing to build and maintain pipeline.? Exhibit a willingness to build new relationships with customers in addition to maintaining strong existing customer base relations
- Collaborate, as appropriate, with other Tripp Lite sales personnel on joint sales
- Perform customer site walk-throughs, promoting Tripp Lite complete solutions when applicable
- Train, motivate and perform joint sales calls with distributors, national solution providers and other channel partners
- Advise Sales Manager of significant competitive actions and provide market evaluations and sales potential estimates
- Forecast and report incoming business activity and expenses on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Utilize Salesforce to enter/track all sales data and activities daily
Required Education and Skills
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing a sales territory
- Experience selling for an IT?manufacturer, reseller or distributor
- Experience using a consultative selling approach
- Active contacts within the territory to help drive activity and influence sales
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Technical aptitude or a willingness to learn technical aspects of selling our product lines
- Experience using Salesforce.com is preferred
- Ability to travel throughout NY, NJ and CT.? Travel is estimated at 50% which includes both local and overnight (10-20 on-site appointments per week).?
Associated topics: branch manager, manager, manager of sales, principal, regional sales manager, sales executive, sales management, shift lead, supervisor, team lead
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...