- PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP
- $88,130.00 -148,720.00/year*
8 Dorchester Rd
Our Woodcliff Lake, NJ office is always seeking experienced Tax Preparers to work during our busy seasons (Mid-August to 10/15 AND/OR 2/15 to 4/15). This position will be responsible for the preparation of client tax returns and will work closely with partners and managers and, based on experience, may be asked to provide other basic accounting services, including tax return review, as needed.
* Prepare individual, corporate and partnership/LLC income tax returns utilizing information provided by clients by reviewing client information and inputting into tax preparation software.
* Secure all information required to prepare a complete and accurate tax return in accordance with firm policies.
* Adhere to the firm's written tax practice standards and the firm's 1040 Procedure Manual.
* Refer complex tax issues to manager or partner for advice and counsel.
* Maintain confidentiality of client files.
* Individual must be able to work a minimum of 25-30 hours per week (hours are flexible) from 8/12/19 to 10/15/19.
* This position will also be available during our Winter busy season (2/15/20 to 4/15/20).
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting required.
* Masters in Taxation degree or LLM in Taxation a plus.
* 3+ years tax preparation experience in public accounting required.
* Licensed CPA preferred.
* A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills fostering client and internal relationships; excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
* Strong technical skills pertaining to tax preparation and review, tax compliance, agency correspondence and tax research.
* Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)/Tax law knowledge.
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of tax software: CCH Axcess Tax, Engagement and IChannel preferred.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...