- ITL USA
- $114,900.00 -162,750.00/year*
8 Almont St
Systems Engineer - US
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We navigate our clients digital transformations in 45 countries across the world. We do it by enabling enterprises with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower businesses with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
Wanted: Global navigators, to guide the world s largest enterprises digital transformations
In the role of Technology Lead, you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Architecture definition and Design. You will play an important role in creating the high level design artifacts. You will also deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition and warranty. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Location for this position is Norwood, MA
. This position may require 10% travel
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Bachelor s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
At least 1 years of experience with Information Technology
Required Skills: Python, SQL, ETL
Desirable Skills: AWS, Data Ingestion, pandas, numpy
We are developing an unprecedented data insight and personalization platform for sales and marketing. We are poised to fundamentally change how our business understands and improves their marketing and sales strategy and customer experience. Our technology enables business users to observe, explore, and extract insights from customer behavior across channels, programs, and time. We have built a remarkable product with advanced capabilities in user interaction, machine learning, and data management. Our team is creative, daring, and collaborative. You will have the chance to work on exciting new development projects with a talented team.
What You Will Be Doing
- Own the data you are getting and make it load into the system smoothly and efficiently
- Build your ingestion code in Python and support your quality with unit-tests and integration-tests
- Find the golden line for your ingestion code to be generic and able to easily accommodate new data structures in the future, yet execute in an efficient way that runs fast
- Work with data scientists about their data in cases where the data is missing or distorted. Be creative and seek for ways to curate the data and use it as best as possible even with distortion.
What You Need for this Position.
We're looking for a Data Engineer, with experience with data ingestion using Python. We're looking for someone who would not rest until the data is clean, accurate and validated. Someone who understands that data and the quality of the data impacts the entire product and is a key factor for the company's success. We need someone with experience and knowledge of:
- Writing Python code for data ingestion or data processing at scale
- Pandas/numpy experience is an advantage
- Jupyter notebooks experience is an advantage
- Multithreading/multiprocessing in Python is an advantage
- Data formats: CSV, JSON, XML and how to validate and parse them
- Familiarity with different implementations of different data models (graph, relational, document) and have an opinion on when to use them
- Familiarity with ETL and data mapping concepts
- Experience with SQL databases
- AWS experience, such as S3 is an advantage
- Web scraping experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of common agile practices and GIT, JIRA, or similar is an advantage
- Ability and Open Mindedness to quickly learn about new development methodologies and cutting edge technologies.
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face. Travel may be required as per the job requirements.
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin
Associated topics: infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, satcom, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
Associated topics: infrastructure, ip, maintain, maintenance, network, server, system engineer, system specialist, system technician, technician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...